When customers visit our showroom to inquire about a kitchen or bathroom remodel, one of the first concerns they mention is whether the newly remodeled kitchen will be too trendy and later down the road go out of style. It's definitely an important concern to have and when you are investing large sums of money into your home, you want to ensure that you'll enjoy it for many, MANY years. As a designer at New Life Bath & Kitchen, I stay current with the trends and materials being used in the industry. One "trend" that is frequenting kitchens currently is the color white.
White is the one color or finish of cabinetry that will be forever timeless. White is used in a wide range of kitchen styles. It can be modern and sterile or warm and soft. It can even be casual or formal. Kitchens that use real bold colors find it "going out of style" much quicker than other wood finishes. And with strong theme kitchens, like Tuscan, you are stuck with one style.
Here are a list of reasons why I, and as well as some of my fellow colleges, agree that white is forever timeless:
- White cabinets are bright and uplifting and can make even the smallest of kitchens appear spacious.
- White cabinets are the perfect backdrop to draw attention to the other details of the kitchen: beautiful fixtures, artistic lighting, funky knobs or pulls - all of which can be updated as needed.
- All colors and textures go great with white. If you want to go nuts with color, get a red refrigerator, bright blue pendant lights or a dramatic rug.
- White walls can easily be painted over down the road.
- White can be modern, traditional, classical or country. It's versatile with many different themes.
- The classic white subway tiles are historical and will forever be timeless regardless of how they are used.
If you are in the market for a kitchen remodel, don't be afraid to satisfied your own desires and tastes. But remember, although white is currently a trendy style, it will be forever timeless.